Background Software and system reliability is the probability of failure-free software and system operation for a specified period of time in a specified environment. Reliability is also an important factor affecting software and system dependence. Many critical systems operate without a system failure for a given period of time, such as nuclear, aerospace, spacecraft and high-speed trains and other such systems. These systems need t
International Journal of Performability Engineering (IJPE), in collaboration with the 5th International Symposium on System and Software Reliability (an IEEE technically sponsored conference), will have a special section to address the above issue. Authors of high quality papers selected from the symposium will be invited to submit an extended version to this special section. In addition, the submission is open to the community for scientists and engineers from both industry and academia to report their ongoing work, share their research outcomes and experiences, and present the best and most efficient techniques for the development of reliable, secure, and trustworthy systems.
Topics of Interest
Submissions related to the following topics are encouraged. Others relevant to system and software reliability are also welcome.
• Architecture and design-based reliability and performance
• Formalization and verification
• Fault tolerance and diagnosis
• Process improvement and maintenance
• Quality and safety
• Redundancy technology
• Reliability analysis and optimization
• Reliability measurement, estimation, and predication
• Reliability modeling and validation
• Reliability requirement and growth models
• Testing and simulation
• Trustworthy evaluation
• Data-driven reliability model design
• Machine learning related to reliability
Submission We welcome high quality submissions that are original work, not published, and not currently submitted elsewhere. We also encourage extensions to conference papers, unless prohibited by copyright, if there is a significant difference in the technical content. Improvements such as adding a new case study or including a description of additional related studies do not satisfy this requirement. A description explaining the difference between the conference paper and the journal submission is required. The overlap between each submission and other articles, including the authors’ own papers and dissertations, should be less than 30%. Each submission must conform to the IJPE template which can be downloaded on the journal’s official website. Please submit your paper to the IJPE submission page.
• July 15, 2019 Paper submission
• September 1, 2019 First round notification
• October 15, 2019 Second round notification
Papers accepted for this special section have already been published in the November and December 2019 issues.
• Professor Steven Li, Western New England University, USA
• Dr. Suprasad V. Amari, BAE Systems, USA
• Professor Fevzi Belli, University of Paderborn, Germany
• Professor Yuanshun Dai, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, China
• Professor Junhua Ding, University of North Texas, USA[Detail] ...