Guidelines for Contributions
Notwithstanding the novelty of idea of the paper, a well-written, well-documented and well-presented manuscript has high probability of acceptance as well as of creating a high impact on the readership of the journal. Time-to-publication of a paper usually is inversely proportion to the care taken while preparing a manuscript. Therefore, please read these instructions very carefully and follow them while preparing your manuscript.
- A paper must be communicated electronically to the Editor-in-chief ( presently , to K.B.Misra) and a manuscript received for publication in IJPE is acknowledged by the Editor-in-Chief. Once acknowledgement is received, the corresponding author must submit a signed declaration and copyright form (on behalf of all coauthors), which is available on website and can be downloaded. Without this, the paper will not be processed any further. Once a paper is accepted, Editor-in-Chief communicates acceptance to the communicating author and it is also posted on the webpage Papers Accepted of the journal.
- A good paper is expected to be of about 10 printed pages in length. Lengthy and verbose papers have less acceptability and may take long time for publication. A title of more than eight words should generally be avoided. The names of all the co-authors must be supplied with affiliation and the communicating author must supply e-mail address at the footer of the title page.
- The manuscript should be prepared using Microsoft Word in Times New Roman, font size 10.It helps in editing a paper and saves time.or Math type. The mathematical equations should be done using Equation Editor and/or Symbols fonts available within the MS Word/MS Office (version 2000 and above). Initially an author may submit the PDF file of the paper. However, once the paper is accepted, the authors must necessarily supply Word document along with the PDF file of their paper. Since IJPE journal size is (7"x 9.5"), please follow the following page setting in Word: Paper size- A4 (8.27" x 11.69"), with margins set as: Top - 2.8", Bottom-1.2", Left- 1.63", Right-1.6" for all pages with Headers (2.1") and Footers (1.1") set up as different for odd and even pages. That is all. Rest we will do. So simple! If still someone desires to have detailed instructions, Editor-in-Chief can be contacted.
- Authors must supply an Abstract of not more than 150 words and Keywords (not less than 5), which encapsulate the principal topics covered by the paper. Abstracts should be informative, giving a clear indication of the nature what is new in the paper and the results contained in the paper.
- A paper should necessarily have an Introduction, very briefly highlighting the state-of-art and how is the present paper related to it.
- A section on Notation (if applicable) should follow the section on Introduction. Standard notation need not be given here. One can always refer to the notation used elsewhere [give reference to a published work] that has used the Notation employed in the present paper. However, the special notation that is exclusive to the present paper must be indicated.
- All sections and sub-sections of the main body of the paper must be numbered sequentially. Numbering scheme should not go beyond three digits level.
- Figures, charts, tables and diagrams should be kept to a minimum and should be imbedded at appropriate positions in the text (not far off from the place they are quoted). The numbering of the equations, figures and tables should be done sequentially. However, a caption of a figure must be provided below the figure and that of a table above the table. All captions for Tables and Figures are done in font size 9.The figures, photos and illustrations, provided electronically must be sharp and clear with legends readable and legible. In Word file, these may have tendency to shift position if one doesn't put a figure in a box created by using Table tool bar (insert a table box of 2 rows and 1 column). Use top row to insert the figure in it and the other to put caption below). Of course, you can suppress the borders of the table box. This way the figures will not shift in the text. Footnotes, as distinct from literature references, should be indicated by the following symbols:, §, ¶ , commencing anew on each page; they should not be included in the numbered reference system.
- There should be a section on Conclusions at the end of the paper. Please avoid using any other heading such as "Summary and Conclusions", "Concluding Remarks" etc.
- References must be kept to a bare minimum. Authors should desist in referencing those papers which do not have direct bearing on the paper being presented (no bibliographical papers). This applies to papers from the coauthors of the paper as well. IJPE is very particular about the completeness of references (about which many journals do not bother). Please don't omit any component) of a paper you quote. The references must be given in font size 9 using Vancouver system of referencing and no other variants should be used. A reference must be quoted in the text by giving only its number within squared brackets, like this: , without the name of author/s (optional) but certainly not the year, as year is given in the list of references.
- Appendix sometimes is very helpful in providing major steps of a mathematical derivation if these are necessary in explaining the theory or methodology used and saves costly journal's space. Appendices are put in font size 8.
- A brief biographical note of all authors should accompany a paper.
- The Short Papers (max. 6 printed pages) or the Short Communications (max. 3 printed pages) should be submitted electronically to the Assistant Editor-in-Chief, Dr. Liudong Xing (email: email@example.com).
- Short papers and communications should also be prepared using the guidelines for regular papers as specified above.
- In order to help expedite the review process, the authors of Short Papers and Communications are advised to suggest a list of at least four unbiased potential reviewers to the Editor of Short Papers and Communications. Please include their names and e-mail addresses in the submission email. Obviously, these reviewers should not be related to the authors, nor should they be associates or collaborators.
- The authors of the Short Papers and Communications can print out the Copyright Agreement Form (a PDF file) and they should mail it after signing it on behalf of all coauthors to the Editor-in-Chief at the address given in the form.